"I am the vine, you are the branches." - John 15:5
The ELCIC In Mission for Others Leadership Award recognizes the outstanding contributions of rostered and lay members in service to the wider church.
This award will be presented at the 2019 ELCIC National Convention in Regina, SK. to individuals committed to advancing the mission and ministry of the ELCIC and demonstrating leadership In Mission for Others.
This award will be given to a person who has:
- Made an outstanding contribution over several years to the life and work of the wider church;
- Gone the extra mile to serve both community and church;
- Demonstrated a life of spirited discipleship;
- Modelled for others one or more of the ELCIC's strategic priorities.
Award recipients cannot be currently service as National Office Staff or on National Church Council.
Nominees must be an active member of an ELCIC congregation. Individuals cannot nominate themselves.
2017 - Donald Storch
Use the following Nomination Form or include the following with your submission:
- The name of the nominee, their home congregation, their contact information
- The name of the nominator, their home congregation, their contact information
- How long have you know the person you are nominating and in what capacity
- A brief summary (MAX 200 words) indicated the reasons for the nomination
- You may also include supporting testimonial letters, publications, media pieces.
The submission and any supporting documents should clearly demonstrate how the individual lives out the criteria for the award.
Nominations are to be forwarded as follows:
ELCIC National Office
ATTN: ELCIC Leadership Award
600-177 Lombard Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 6E2
Nominations must be postmarked or emailed by February 15, 2019.