It is important that our congregational leaders are aware of tools available as education and worship resources during the coming months. In September 2002, a package of material was sent to each ELCIC congregation. Please make use of these materials and others as they become available to involve your congregation in this unique opportunity.
- Share and discuss the possibilities with your Sunday school superintendent/teachers, worship leaders, ELW, Youth Group, confirmation class, Church Council, adult study groups, etc.
- Use the resources in conjunction with LWF Sunday (Oct. 27, 2002, is suggested, but choose the Sunday most suitable for your congregation.)
- Identify a special LWF day, or week, or month.
- Post the map to create curiosity.
- Propose an intergenerational afternoon.
- Invite a speaker.
- Plan a series of temple talks.
- Advertise the LWF Assembly web site.
- Tell a mission story.
- Learn about your companion synod.
- Write a special LWF column for your newsletter this year
(download the logo)… the possibilities are limited only by your imagination!
Use the Internet for up-to-date information as the year progresses. The PDF format for information about LWF Sunday 2002 is available at lutheranworld.org/Essentials/LWF-Sunday.html
LWF Assembly Resources