Bozeman Montana July 15–18, 2004
Claimed by God's grace … for the sake of the world
What is a GME?
Part vacation, part retreat, part international affairs seminar, a Global Mission Event gathers together Christians from around the world to worship, celebrate, learn, share stories, and learn about global mission today. The 4-day event offers:
- thought-provoking speakers and seminars on global and local issues
- spirit-building worship and workshops that teach how to lead global music in your congregation
- hands-on art projects led by artists-in-residence
- exhilarating dance to watch or join
- mouth-watering meals
The Canadian Team: The ELCIC will be well represented by speakers, workshop leaders and special guests.
- Anne Hallman, Seminarian at Waterloo Lutheran Seminary, comes to the GME as both a plenary speaker and coordinator of the youth program. She is one of four missionaries under 30 who will explore their call, their experiences, and how international mission is shaping their life and vocation.
- Rev David Pfrimmer is Director of the ELCIC's Lutheran Office for Public Policy and part time professor at Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. David will be part of a panel exploring the Christian response to globalization.
- Rev Susan Johnson, assistant to the Bishop in our Eastern Synod and vice president of the ELCIC, will represent National Bishop Raymond Shultz. Susan will preside at the closing worship service.
ELCIC missionaries will be there:
- Brian Rude – El Salvador
- Stuart Brown – West Africa
- Lori Endress – Thailand
- Erica Parker – Slovakia
- Marcus Busch and Margaret Sadler – Mauritania
Other Canadian Workshop Leaders:
- Rev Tim Graff, Canadian Lutheran World Relief
- Rev Gordon Johnson, LAMP Canada
- Rev Gary Sartain, On Eagle's Wings
- Rev Frank Armistead, Circle of Life Native Ministry
- Bishop Stephen Kristenson, ABT Synod's companion church in Colombia
- Rob Lewis, World Mission Prayer League in Canada
- Rev Keith Loewen, Calgary Urban Project Society
- Rev David Lowe, Winnipeg urban mission pastor
- Rev Paul Johnson, Assistant to the National Bishop for Ecumenical Relations
- Bishop Cindy Halmarson, SK Synod's companion church in Argentina
Share our great Canadian spirit
- Attend the reception on opening night where you can sign an "I am Canadian" poster.
- Offering designations will include Urban Mission in Canada, ELCIC Missionary Sponsorship and GHDA.
Check the Web (http://www.elca.org/gme) for more details or contact Kelvin Krieger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Help Spread the Word
Feel free to reproduce this page in your congregational newsletter, post it on a wall, or forward it to anyone who is interested! ÃŠCut and paste the following announcement for this Sunday's bulletin:
Plan to attend the first-ever joint ELCIC/ELCA Global Mission Event, Bozeman, Montana, July 15-18
GME's are for people of all ages, backgrounds and walks of life. GME's are for you as we engage together in God's mission in our world. Print a registration form now or register on-line at http://www.elca.org/gme/bozeman/register.html
Deadline for registration is June 21
- December 7, 2004
- December 1, 2004
- November 2, 2004
- October 21, 2004
- August 18, 2004
- August 17, 2004
- June 28, 2004
- June 18, 2004
- June 14, 2004
- May 21, 2004
- March 25, 2004
- April 8, 2004
- February 23, 2004
Established September, 1995. Page revised May 24, 2005.
Copyright © 2005 Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada.