Congregations, organizations and various ministries are invited to register as a Greening Faith Community, in order to identify annual stewardship of creation goals and to encourage each other in seeking climate justice.
Quick Link: Accreditation Form
In 2017, the ELCIC joined the 2017 Lutheran World Federation Assembly in “affirming the fact that the global ecological crisis, including climate change, is human-induced. It is a spiritual matter. As people of faith, we are called to journey together toward a healthy relationship with the earth” and in “affirming its commitment to implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).”
Being an ELCIC Greening Faith Community means:
- Setting annual goals to encourage stewardship of creation;
- Doing an annual review of environmental stewardship goal;
- Sharing stories, insights and resources;
- Registering with the ELCIC; and,
- Encouraging other faith communities to consider stewardship of creation
initiatives and/or registering as an ELCIC Greening Faith Community.
Join us on this journey together and ministry of reconciliation.