The ELCIC is called to oppose sexual exploitation in all its manifestations. This includes addressing social and economic injustices that leave people more vulnerable to exploitation.
As a church this means:
- Being critical of messages, images, policies, and practices that diminish the dignity of individuals or groups
- Journeying with, learning from, and advocating for those who have been exploited
- Speaking out against people choosing to engage in exploitive behaviour
- Learning effective ways to support those who are sincerely trying to repent of oppressive behaviour
- Opposing all practices that turn the human body into a commodity to be bought and sold
- Advocating for laws and policies that seek to prevent sexual exploitation in all its manifestations
How to Handle a Q and A:
Doctrine of Discovery – Rev. Dr. Néstor Medina
Safe Spaces Are Not Enough to Change the World.