2023 Leadership Award
Update: With the decision to have an online National Convention in 2022 to handle essential church business and a special in-person Assembly 2023, the Leadership Awards will now be presented at the 2023 gathering. ALL nominations forms received will be retained for next year’s convention and award consideration. The coordinator will seek to contact all those who have submitted nominations in December 2022 to ask if there is additional information they would like to forward before the February 2023 deadline.
The ELCIC In Mission for Others Leadership Award recognizes the outstanding contributions of rostered and lay members in service to the wider church.
This award will be presented at Assembly 2022 in July to an individual committed to advancing the mission and ministry of the ELCIC and demonstrating leadership In Mission for Others.
This award will be given to a person who has:
- Made an outstanding contribution over several years to the life and work of the wider church;
- Gone the extra mile to serve both community and church;
- Demonstrated a life of spirited discipleship;
- Modelled for others one or more of the ELCIC’s strategic priorities.
Award recipients cannot be currently service as National Office Staff or on National Church Council.
Nominees must be an active member of an ELCIC congregation. Individuals cannot nominate themselves.
- 2019 – Carolyn Ethier
- 2017 – Donald Storch
Use the following Nomination Form or include the following with your submission:
- The name of the nominee, their home congregation, their contact information
- The name of the nominator, their home congregation, their contact information
- How long have you know the person you are nominating and in what capacity
- A brief summary (MAX 200 words) indicated the reasons for the nomination
- You may also include supporting testimonial letters, publications, media pieces.
The submission and any supporting documents should clearly demonstrate how the individual lives out the criteria for the award.
Nominations are to be forwarded as follows:
ELCIC National Office
ATTN: ELCIC Leadership Award
600-177 Lombard Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 6E2
**Nominations must be postmarked by January 31, 2023.