Compassionate Justice Initiatives – Synod Antipoverty GrantsThe Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (ELCIC) and Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR) are working in effective partnership to foster sustainable development in communities around the world, as well as support Compassionate Justice Initiatives right here in Canada.
When you make a gift to CLWR, a portion of your undesignated donation supports ELCIC Compassionate Justice initiatives such as anti-poverty ministries in Synods, and peace and justice advocacy work throughout Canada.
Each ELCIC synod office accepts applications for Compassionate Justice Initiatives – Synod Antipoverty Grants.
- ELCIC Compassionate Justice Initiatives Application Form
- ELCIC Compassionate Justice Initiatives Reporting Form
Priority will be given to project proposals which:
- Build awareness on hunger and poverty issues as well as solutions through education, leadership development and advocacy.
- Focus on domestic hunger and poverty issues with priority given to:
a. Food security (i.e. production, distribution, acquisition, nutrition, land use); b. Employment (i.e. job training, counselling, placement, child care); c. Development (i.e. preventative and primary health care, water and sanitation, literacy, housing, social services, environmental issues).
- Are well planned in cooperation with and build on the social, cultural and spiritual resources of people who have access to limited material resources.
- Promote self-reliance.
- Operate in collaboration with other ecumenical and social services partners.
Additional information regarding applications is available from ELCIC synod offices.